“STAND UP FOR SOMETHING”
Applications for Delta GEMS for the 2022 – 2023 academic year are now open.
Delta G.E.M.S. (Growing and Empowering Myself Successfully) was created to catch the dreams of African American adolescent girls in the 9th – 12th grades, and is a natural outgrowth and expansion for the continuation of the highly successful Dr. Betty Shabazz Delta Academy. Delta GEMS provides the frame work to actualize those dreams through the performance of specific tasks that develop a CAN DO attitude.
- Serves the greater Kansas City Missouri area
- Meets the 2nd Saturday of every month (November – May), 10am – 12 PM
- Gives back to the community through service
The goals for Delta GEMS are:
- To instill the need to excel academically;
- To provide tools that enable girls to sharpen and enhance their skills to achieve high levels of academic success;
- To assist girls in proper goal setting and planning for their futures high school and beyond; and
- To create compassionate, caring, and community minded young women by actively involving them in service learning and community service opportunities.
The Delta GEMS framework is composed of five major components:
- Show Me the Money
- Infinitely Complete
These form a road map for college and career planning. Topics within the five major components are designed to provide interactive lessons and activities that provide opportunities for self-reflection and individual growth. Delta GEMS participants have the opportunity to define and “Discover their individual Brilliance.”
Please join us on Sunday, October 1 2022, 10 – 11:30 AM for our Delta GEMS/Delta Academy Virtual Open House by registering below.
If you have additional questions or need more information, please contact us at email@example.com.